SCHOLARSHIPS TO ATTEND THE ANGLO-CATALAN SOCIETY ANNUAL CONFERENCE
- Given the popularity and success of recent scholarships, we have decided to continue to divide the Anglo-Catalan Society Scholarship into a limited number of awards to encourage students interested in Catalan culture to attend the Anglo-Catalan Society Conference.
- Applicants will normally be current or recent students from British or Irish universities who would like to maintain and/or develop their knowledge and understanding of Catalan culture. Postgraduate students at other universities can also apply, provided that they are currently doing research in the field of Catalan Studies.
- The award will comprise: membership of the Anglo-Catalan Society for one year (until January 2025), and a contribution towards the cost of conference and travel expenses. Payments will be made on production of bills and receipts further to the submission of a report (see point 6).
- Each applicant should submit the following information: curriculum vitae; one academic reference by either a member of their department or by a Catalan lector; a signed declaration to the effect that the applicant will attend the full conference and that they will take responsibility for the rest of the funding.
- Applications should be sent to Postgraduate Student liaison Dr Sergi Auladell Fauchs
(firstname.lastname@example.org) and Honorary Secretary Dr Daniel P. Grau (Universitat Jaume I – email@example.com).
- Successful candidates will be expected to submit a report on the Conference to Dr Sergi Auladell Fauchs (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 31st December 2023. Bills and receipts should be sent to Honorary Treasurer Dr Pedro Nilsson-Fernàndez (University College Cork – email@example.com) before the same date.
- The closing date for applications is 28th July 2023. Late applications will not be considered under any circumstances.